Thus far my main prediction for 2013 is that I am going to eat a lot of chicken noodle soup.
In that sense, 2013 will not be so very different from the last month of 2012, during which time I also ate many a bowl of chicken noodle soup. I’ve always enjoyed chicken noodle soup, sure, but lately it’s suddenly one my favorite foods and the only thing I ever want to eat.
You could say chicken noodle soup is the new microwave burritos.
Meanwhile, I am unable to predict much else beyond noodle soup; I am nonetheless hoping that some additional, slightly-more-exciting-than-chicken-noodle-soup-consumption things will happen to me in the coming year.
Some burning questions I have about 2013 include:
- Will I complete Couch to 5K and finally become a runner? (Yes! No! Yes! No! This one could go either way!)
- Will my neighbor ever find Butchy once and for all? (I don’t think so!)
- Will I be forced to move against my will because the apartment I live in gets sold? (Maybe?!)
- Will I find myself a future-husband, as so many of those around me (including my little sister!!!) have been doing lately? (Only if he’ll get up early and make me quiches, I have decided!)
- Will I finally save enough money to take my trip to France? (Let’s talk about that in 2014!)
- Will I get a summer job? (I better or else!)
- Will I finally write that novel I’ve been saying I’m going to write? (YES or maybe that other novel, but definitely one of them!)
I genuinely like the New Year. Even though intellectually I know that nothing really changes all that much just because a new year starts, I always feel like it might and I like that feeling.
Welcome 2013, and bring on the chicken noodle soup please.